Each of Solving's Air Film Transporters is built-to-order for a specific application.
Available options and features include:
- Highest capacities in the industry, relative to overall transporter size and height.
- U-shaped or rectangular platform frames.
- Designed for direct top loading or self-loading pick-and-place capability.
- Slide-mounted air bearings can be easily removed for inspection or replacement, even while the Transporter remains loaded.
- Platforms lift via inflation of the air bearings, without need for additional hydraulic or pneumatic lifting mechanisms (in most applications).
- Internal, pneumatic or electric, steerable drive units.
- Omnidirectional movement, including 360 degree rotation on own center axis.
- Wireless radio or umbilical-attached hand-held remote control.
- Informational LCD display located on hand-held remote control.
- 100% pneumatic powered option eliminates batteries and electrical contacts.
- Internal hose reel.
- Optional optical guidance system can follow paths marked on the floor.
- Capacities exceeding a million pounds!
When are Air Film Transporters the right solution?
- For moving the largest of large, heavy loads efficiently and safely.
- When minimum operating height and overall transporter size are critical.
- For frequent, repetitive moves of similarly sized loads.
- When preservation of floor surfaces is desired.
- When the most versatile and agile steering and movement is required.
- When a relatively low-maintenance transport solution is preferred.
- For moving extremely large and heavy loads on a reasonable budget.
- In explosive environments